Wednesday, October 11, 2017

OctPoWriMo Day 11: I can't dance.



As part of today's prompt we were supposed to get up and dance before writing, and I sadly realized this was a prompt I would have to turn around and write a poem from my own viewpoint.

You see, I can't dance.

A genetic syndrome has left me with fragile connective tissue, and this causes all kinds of system-wide problems in addition to causing joint deterioration. I have a host of other health problems as well, not the least of which at the moment is a frozen left shoulder so there is no way I can dance. Not even raising my arms while seated.

So this haiku is what came to my mind for today... I hope that it speaks to all who suffer chronic pain and illness and lets you know that if you do, you're not alone.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

A Haiku by February Grace

limbs stiff joints frozen
made of concrete lined with lead
broken dolls can't dance

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ 

See you tomorrow on day 12...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will appear on the blog once reviewed.